Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Icarus for Sale (Please Read)

Icarus_large

Icarus is by far one of my most dramatic pieces from the "A Million Years in 180 Days" reclamation series. This relief sculpture was made using a large piece of reclaimed construction-grade Styrofoam that I salvaged from a construction site in Collinsville, IL.

The subject matter is from the fall of Icarus, a greek legend about the danger of pride. The piece will endure and will appreciate in value.

Principle tells me that I should price this piece at $1,500 and not budge, but reality and the monthly rent payment demand that I sell the piece. I will cry when I sell it, but I need $200 for rent and gas money for a show this weekend in Louisville, so I am letting it go for $300.

Icarus is 2" x 24" x 78" and is finished with concrete, acrylic and oils.

If you are interested in seeing the piece or purchasing it, please contact me at 618.971.0935 or armando@heredia.ws.

No comments: