Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Painful Art Sale Continues! (Please Read)

I am thankful that Icarus sold within a couple of hours of the post yesterday. I am still needing to generate some funds and so I am letting go of two more pieces. Honestly, if I come up with the funds before these sell, I will not continue to sell them at this price. Thanks for your patronage!

Baked_goods
Baked Goods.

I was working part time for the St. Louis Bread Co. and was inspired to create "Baked Goods". It was made using reclaimed Styrofoam from the same construction site in Collinsville, IL that I used for several other works. Using a heat knife I carved the deign into the foam and finished it with concrete and acrylic. It is 2" x 22.75" x 35.25". I have it listed at $200, but will sell it for $75.

Vintage
Vintage is a nod to the endurance of patriotism. This piece is acrylic and concrete on reclaimed Styrofoam from the same construction site as above. I used concrete and Styrofoam exclusivley for six months during a series I called "A Million Years in 180 Days." The piece is 2" x 60" x 24". I have it listed at $275, but will let it go for $125.

I hate to sell this work so inexpensively for so many reasons, but I would rather it hang in someone else's house and be able to meet my obligations, than hang on to it. Please contact me by email or phone if you are interested in either of these pieces. armando@heredia.ws or 618.971.0935. Thank you.

 

No comments: